The Board of Directors will support the work of Waconia United Food Shelf (WUFS) and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by WUFS Executive Director, the Board-Executive Director relationship is a collaborative partnership and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Specific Board member responsibilities include:
- Leadership, governance and oversight
- Serving as a trusted adviser to the Executive Director in partnership with the Board to develop and implement WUFS strategic plan
- Reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Approving the annual budget, audit reports, and relevant business decisions; being informed of and meeting all legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments as needed
- Representing WUFS to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
WUFS Board members will serve a three-year term. Board meetings will be held monthly. Attendance at board meetings is required.
Service on WUFS Board of Directors is without compensation outside of specific reimbursable expenses.
If you have an interest in this position, please send an email to email@example.com, and share your interest in why you are interested in WUFS Board membership and the specific skillset that you can bring to the WUFS.