The Waconia Food Shelf is a community organization providing food and supportive services to residents of Independent School District 110, Victoria, New Germany, St. Bonifacius and Cologne.
We are committed to serving our families in a pleasant, dignified environment. We make an effort to provide a variety of foods from which our families can choose, to promote healthy eating.
While our main mission is providing food, we also provide information on a variety of resources available in our state and county that might be helpful to those we serve. If you don’t find the information that you are looking for on this site give us a call during our regular hours: (952) 442-3878
Need Food Assistance?
- You may register and shop on the same day.
- You may shop two times per month.
- Please bring a valid picture ID or proof of residence in the community of Waconia, St Bonifacious, New Germany, Cologne or Victoria (for example, a utility bill).
- Come at least 15 minutes before closing.
- If you are not in the Waconia Food Shelf area, please visit our Additional Resources page for other options.
There is only one form that will need to be completed at the time of enrollment. It is a federally required form verifying you qualify to receive food distributed through federal commodities.
You are eligible to receive food from the Waconia United Food Shelf if you live in the communities of Waconia, St. Bonifacious, New Germany, Cologne, or Victoria.
You will need to provide verification of your residency by showing a Driver’s License or a State ID card with your current address or a piece of mail such as a utility bill, with your current address.
Food Shelf Hours
Monday, Friday & Saturday 9:00am–11:45am Doors are locked promptly at closing
Tuesday & Thursday 4:00pm–6:45pm Doors are locked promptly at closing
Closed Wednesday and Sunday
We are closed for all major holidays, Lola’s Half Marathon Day & Nickle Dickle Day:
- New Year Holiday (Dec. 31, Jan. 1)
- Christmas Holiday (Dec. 25, 26)
- Thanksgiving Holiday (Nov. 28, 29 )
- Labor Day
- Nickle Dickle Day (Sept 14, 2019)
- Memorial Day
- Lola’s Half Marathon Day
- 4th of July
If the Waconia School District is closed due to bad weather, the Food Shelf is also closed. If the schools have a delayed start, the Food Shelf will open at 10:00 am on Monday or Friday. If you are unsure if the Food Shelf is open call (952) 442-3878 for a message.
11 Elm Street South, Waconia MN 55387
Located 1 block north of St. Joseph’s Church, across the street from The Waconia Patriot
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 577, Waconia, MN 55387